31 December 2012

End Chapter

Another year is about to close. It feels like the appropriate time to squeeze my eyes shut and try and remember what has happened over the last twelve months. I think a lot but so little comes to mind. Actually I think this past year has been massively huge, a lot has happened that cannot be quantified in any other way than being life changing.

I thought about summarizing my year and writing a million things but I changed my mind and decided the following was more important.

It could be said that completing my masters was the biggest accomplishment of my year, and possibly my life. But I have to disagree. This year I decided to start healing myself, to proactively take steps to become the person I always thought I could be. I decided to no longer let circumstance or others prevent my happiness but to fight for it, and I couldn't be more excited about that fact. Twenty twelve was the year that pushed me to the place where I chose to change instead of dreaming it. And as much as my future feels blank and confusing I can't be unexcited as mentally and emotionally I know this year is going to be incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment