11 December 2012

Stay Classy

After maintaining a tearless face for farewells I reached the last one. As I stood next to the stairs for passengers departing we embraced and I felt proud of my lack of tears even though I could feel them wanting to escape. Then I saw your teary eyes and the flood gates opened. As I finally walked down the steps and filled out a customs form I realized I was sobbing and not the quiet way. Security and customs proceeded with tears streaming down my face an I realized I looked like a crazy chick and I wanted to vomit. So I messaged my brother who indicated that I should think of unicorns in fields and that crying or throwing up on strangers is not classy and should be avoided.

Two years is more than long enough to form friendships that go beyond words. And as I gave that last hug I realized how much a few people changed my life and I am forever grateful. So as sad as I may feel I also feel so blessed to have had those two years and I am determined to not let those be final hugs. We will meet again. Until then, stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment