20 December 2012

The Uterus Question

Recently someone close to me was asked if you need a uterus to have a baby. This question would be acceptable if the questioner was not in her 50s and the biological mother of two grown children. I nearly died of laughter when I heard.

My uterus and I have not been very amicable for at least the past 7 years. In fact we have reached a point where I already know it will be removed. It is just a matter of time. And today it extra hates me. It really doesnt seem to be aware that this is Christmas time and I have quite a lot to do.

Since I came home ten days ago I have spent the majority of my time with my two little sisters. And last night we reached a point where I realized I was like a mother. I was wearing a tutu as they requested because they were wearing theirs, while I was making their dinner and sewing an arm and a head back on two different bunnies. Today I dressed as an elf for preschool as it was my sisters special day and I wanted to make sure it was special. I really love these girls a lot. As much as I would my own children.

So as much as I really really hate my uterus and am slightly drugged up right now to dull the pain I will keep it for a little while because I know that you  need a uterus to have a baby and I really would like to have a child of my own one day. The uterus will not win.

No comments:

Post a Comment