01 April 2012

Some Hearts Explode out of Chests

It started small. Then the next thing I knew it literally was about to explode. My heart was making my whole body shake. At least that is how it felt. It just appeared like I was normal though I am pretty sure.

These moments dont come exceedingly often. And when they do I generally try and breathe them away. It is like it is a call to action when I just want to sit quietly, unobserved, in the corner. I couldnt ignore it this time though as I didnt want to die when my heart exploded. So I walked to the front and awkwardly said a few things.

I dont generally write thoughts regarding religion on here, only because it is really important to me and I dont want to feel vulnerable. But after my heart wanted to explode I think I should just actually write a little bit of what I said.

I wanted to recognize my gratitude for my mother. For her strength. For her ability to turn me towards Christ when I am struggling. Her ability to centre her life around Christ has shown me the significance of it. I have seen the alternative in the same situation and it was only led to unhappiness and misery. With Christ as the centre you are never alone and you can receive a peace that cannot be cured in a worldly fashion. I am both grateful for my mother and for her upbringing me in a religious environment. I cant imagine the pain and inconsolable aching I would feel if I lived without Christ.

My heart shall remain in my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment