22 April 2012

It's Not Like A Movie, It's Not All Skin and Bones

"If you could see me, whoever I am."

The keys were in hand. The door merely a step away. The key just needed to be placed in the lock, turned the door pushed open, another few steps taken, another key used and another door pushed open. Yet a pause occurred. A reflection was seen. And all of a sudden a chain of mental processes began. And it was like lightning striking in my brain.

I think I am just whoever I am these days. I am not really concerned with outside influences or opinions. I just feel comfortable in my skin. Yet that is not just it. I dont feel like I am just anatomically existing. I am more than my bones. I am recognizing my substance and am proud to be where I am at and who I am. And it feels amazing. I mean I am still insecure and have no idea what I am doing with my life half the time but I am feeling more like me than ever.

And more than anything I wish people could see all of that and not just see me for the obvious appearance or blatant things. I wish I knew how to let people in.

No comments:

Post a Comment