28 April 2012

Like a Stupid Fish Wanting to Die

I am not a fisher. My deep set memories of fishing involved being young and at a cabin and crouched at the end of a pier with a net attempting to catch minnows and being slightly afraid I would because it would be slimy and squirmy and I wouldnt know what to do. Fishing is not an expertise of mine. Although I do wonder what the fish are thinking when they go to the bait. Do they just not see the string? Have they never seen another fish take the bait and then be reeled up and then killed? And havent they had a near death experience before that should make them more wary? How can they not see it coming!

I have wondered this. Until I realized that as humans we are just as blind and retarded. And by humans I mean me, and probably other people. It is like I am a stupid fish wanting to die just going for the bait. In my case the bait is another human. One that knows exactly how to get my attention and to take it away. One that will lay the bait and wait and watch as I come out of the dark towards it and then kill me. Okay that isnt true. Probably most of that isnt even remotely close to truth. It just comes out. Often words just come out that are basically imaginary.

The only real semblance of my fish analogy is that I feel like I am just being blinded and even though I have past experience and have seen other fish die I still cant help myself from taking the bait and caring a little bit. Maybe it is less like bait and more like kryptonite. Can another person really be kryptonite and actually be able to cause weakness that seems impossible to withstand? I think maybe, and not like a "call me maybe" maybe, just a normal maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment