20 April 2012

That Person

I am that person. Entirely. I am the one that rolls their eyes and gives an exasperated sigh and feels a rush of annoyance at the ignorance. Here is how it goes. Someone says "OMG have you heard that new song from that one band? They are like so totally awesome. I love them. I watched their music video like the second it came out. I am basically their biggest fan. I love blah blah blah so freaking much. He is so talented you have no idea. You should like listen to them, maybe you will like them. Blah, blah blah." And I am like "uhm so yah, this is actually Blah blah blah's second band, his first one was named blah blah and yes I have been listening to his music since those days an easy decade ago. Would you like me to introduce you to all of his music  you have been naively unaware of as you are too top 40 to realize that music goes deeper than the ground. It is often referred to as underground of indie. So yes I have heard that they made it big and I am quite happy for them as it prolongs the days that they will provide music to my ears. Thank you for checking in on my vast knowledge."

I cant help it. That is the person I am. I just am not a top 40. I am not a latest greatest. I dont do bandwagons. I just am a one of those people that spends too much time on AP and happens to like bands forever even when they break up, and when that happens then I just love their new band also. So probably do a background check on your next latest and greatest. I mean this has been me since high school when FOB hit it. I just happen to like music you have never heard of probably, and will most likely crush you if you attempt to introduce me to something of mine. I am likely evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment