07 April 2012

Follow Up On Jason Tates Thursday Discussion

This week it was on a Friday there not Thursday which is Saturday here. Which is irrelevant. If you dont know Jason Tate that is okay. I dont exactly know him either. I better reign this in before it gets awkward. So the point is absolutepunk is my go to website. It  keeps me up to date on my world of music etc and Jason Tate works for them and entirely understands my scene, ergo this is a follow up. Thursday discussions often create endless amounts of pondering for me. Like the one about Drive Through Records or the one about favourite albums from 2001-2003. Things like this intrigue me and can get me talking for ages, hence why AP is a perfect fit.

So back to todays. Its about lyrics. Either you are the type of person who swears that lyrics describe their life more than anything, or you are not. Understand I am the latter. I have a wall just with lyrics. So as I read through Jason's top ten and completely agreed with several I then found myself reading the posted comments and thinking of mine. So I shall share a few that have stuck throughout the years and will forever describe parts of my life.

Death Cab- Someday You Will Be Loved
"And I cannot pretend I felt any regret, each broken hear will eventually mend, someday you will be loved"

Yellowcard- Firewater
"You sat me down beside myself to show me all the reasons I was wrong for you. Was this for real? It's hard to tell, 'cause it was such a beautiful mess we had got into"

Tegan and Sara- Nineteen
"I feel you in my heart and I dont even know you, and know we're saying bye, bye bye."

Fall Out Boy- A Little Less Sixteen Candles
"Cuz your just the girl all the boys wanna dance with and I'm just the boy who's had too many chances"

I could go on for ages. But you get the point. I think it is good to have some way to describe the things you cant find the words for.

music mends broken hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment