18 March 2012

As Rare as Sweating Unicorn Tears

Some things are not common. They do not happen to everyone. They are not bought with petty cash. They are not found in a box or with a fox. And these things are not green eggs and ham.

It is hard to explain. It is more than just selflessness. It is the recognition of need, the willingness to make a difference and to forgo your own pain to try and cure someones else's. I dont even know if it is possible for anyone besides a mother to even exhibit this, and definitely a lot of mothers dont. It was really apparent today and well yesterday too. Stress has been mounting and emotional turmoil is climaxing and the most precious email and reward per-say appeared. And it left me with eyes full of tears and a comforting feeling of love. The aloneness lessened and I immediately saw the selflessness.

I had been like a rock made of sand, crumbling on impact but pretending to be strong, for appearances and to try and lend support. Yet the tables were entirely turned when her support found me weak, unsure and crumbled. I may not ever need to see a unicorn because I have a mother that is just as rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment