01 March 2012

Femur

It is hard to explain. It wasn't a normal goodbye. It was one of the ones that breaks hearts. Over the last two and a half weeks I had fallen in love with them. We had routine. I knew their favourite breakfast foods and how they liked their hair done. They had taught me the names of the my little ponies and words to Disney songs. It was as it should be. I had immediately loved them as if they were mine.

So as we reached the goodbye point the tears fell. You see, they are going to be adopted. And well, I am not in a position to adopt yet and I don't think my mother is. So this goodbye was so real. I may never get to braid their hair, or snuggle up with then while we read books. So all I could was turn to little Soph and tell her to never forget that I loved her and then I said remember what bone this is as I pointed to my quad. She smiled and said femur. If nothing else sticks my darling little four year old will always know where her femur is.

No comments:

Post a Comment