21 February 2012

YVR

I had a chance to make a stop. I stopped in a city for 8 hours. Not because I couldnt get a flight home in time. Only because I needed to see someone. Someone epically impressive. So there I was. Walking through an unfamiliar airport hoping to see a face I knew. And there you were. It was one of those days that worked out more perfectly than anyone could imagine. You had found a place for me to store my bags and off we went.

Maybe magic and excitement comes innately when you are in a new city, or maybe it comes when friendships are rekindled. Or maybe it just comes when you buy 20 timbits and walk around eating them all. There is a familiarity in the unfamiliar sometimes. The 8 hours turned out literally perfect. From the little girl that joined our photo to the quidditch at the science centre every moment was brilliant.

Sometimes stops along the way to a destination feel hasseled and unneccesary. I am frequently guilty of this thought process. Yet last week it was the best choice I could have made. Memories were made and laughs were had that reminded me of the brilliance of life. You are the best fake boyfriend I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment