02 February 2012

Baby Stealing and Drinking Crack

I cant help it. Everytime I have a proper white hot chocolate I close my eyes and imagine it is like drinking crack. It is just so incredibly pure and amazing. It is probably the one and only drink that can just warm my insides entirely and make me feel like the world is safe. And that is how on a few hours into my morning but still pre 8 am began. Needless to say I was thrilled.

As the morning progressed a baby arrived. She soon went into a room with her mother and my life continued. Then as time passed I heard fussing. I resisted. Then I couldnt resist anymore and offered to take the baby during her treatment. She thanked me. And I was in heaven. I cant help it. I adore children. And it just feels so natural and comforting to hold a baby. They exude love and joy and perfection. Sadly when I asked if I could keep her baby forever she said no.

Luckily I got to go pick up cupcakes and eat one so that compensated for the whole left by the baby leaving. Work was odd today. None of these things are typical, but they are all incredibly wonderful. Maybe it is the little things that are out of the ordinary that are what make days. There is so much more to life than paychecks and rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment