12 March 2012

Banana's Are for Monkeys

I was just making a smoothie post run which is a relatively normal type thing to do I am pretty sure. And as the fruit was blending and I was getting my Mickey Mouse Love Smoothie Cup I had this flash of thoughtish things. So for about a year I was vegetarian. I didnt do it because I was all sad for animals or because I was saving the planet from global warming or because I wanted super powers (I did consider going vegan to have vegan powers though..). So I suppose for that period occasionally I found it more difficult to find foods I loved in quick restaurants. Then I went back to white meat. This choice was purely health related and was a good step for me. And then when I found out I needed to cut our gluten I once again found it harder to eat out in a quick fashion. Also I just prefer to cook I think, but that is totally irrelevant.

The point that has taken me ages to get to is that often I think people have weird reasons to stop eating something. I understand not eating something because you think it tastes gross. Or not eating something because it makes you sick. But I dont think I understand completely other reasons. I mean if we just thought that edible things were for specific purposes we might not eat much. That would mean that all the bananas would be for monkeys and I like bananas. So I am wondering if there really is anything to the whole vegetarian/vegan/ovolacto stuff. Maybe there is and I just missed the mark. But maybe all food is just meant to be eaten and that is why we have it. I mean God really thought eveything through when He created everything so I guess that leaves me thinking that yep we should eat the food we are blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment