12 March 2012

A Box of Daylight

So in some places they save daylight. Like a whole hour of it. So after I realized that I was not thrilled about this hour of savings of light because it makes it one hour less of each day that is  conducive to phone calls home I got thinking about it. How amazing would it be if we had medium sized jars to save daylight, kind of like fireflies in a sense. Think about it, like say oh you have to be inside working all day, why not save some of that light you wont see anyways during the day and then use it in the evening to go running? It is a good plan. Yet instead of being so clever we just return that hour many months later and then follow the cycle again. It feels a little like a bit of a waste of saving of light knowing we will just release it back into the wild without much thought. I really wish I could save daylight in a jar to keep on my shelf like a night light.

No comments:

Post a Comment