16 October 2011

"Do You Know Sugar Is Like Baby Meth?"

I like Community. It is one of those shows that just makes me laugh. I also like the album Community Group. Jonathan is a talented man. However, for once I am not taking some simple word and complicating it, tonight I am taking these random things and bringing them back to their origin. Community.

Tonight I felt like I was part of one. It was a feeling I liked but didnt know beforehand. I was running and saw an older man walking with his wife, he smiled and waved, he comes to my yoga class sometimes. It was nice to see him out. And I recently friended some neighbours and there is just something that makes me feel at home when I know I can bake something and take it to the neighbours. And then there is the fact that at the gym this week I ran into someone that comes into work. Or maybe its because a girl from yoga works with a friend of mine from uni. There are many options here.

It just seems like I finally am at a point where I am established in who I am and where I am and I am settled enough to have random sightings and to belong. I didnt ever consider this being a place of residence. Places have always just been temporary in my mind. A mean time. Not really anything more than that. I am making this my home though. I am making it mine and being part of a community. And that just makes being so far from home seem not so far.

Also meth is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment