29 October 2011

Using a Pilgrim and an Indian to Narrate a Tale

It was like and Indian finding a pilgrim lost in the forest. The pilgrim didnt expect to be saved, and partially didnt know what he was looking for. Yet when the indian came and with a calming reassurance led the pilgrim to safety the pilgrim knew. The indian was what he had been praying for. Answers come in the form of unexpecting humans sometimes.

I dont know you really. I could say I do, but I dont. And that is irrelevant. I feel like I have been desperately searching for a person that would know what to say. It was different in Utah, I had a handful of boys that I knew I could trust and they would have the wisdom and perspective to help me understand situations. Here it isnt the same. That perspective just seems so infrequent. And with my innate thought that "people always leave" it sets me up for a lack of searching for that perspective I crave. And yet somehow it appeared. Perhaps it was the atmosphere. Costumes almost provide a cover that allow you to be more open as you are hiding so much. That may have not been it at all. And it probably doesnt matter. The only thing that really matters is that I felt like a lost pilgrim. In a strange land, confused and lost, just seeking some guidance. And then I heard words that were so familiar. It was like the comfort of white hot chocolate from juice n java on a cold Provo day.

I jump to conclusions. I make things out of nothing. I imagine things happening that never will. But thats okay. I was reminded that I am never alone even when lonely feelings may set up camp next to my organs. And I saw a glimpse of everything I was slowly forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment