10 October 2011

Butter Chicken

You probably think this post is about food. Its not. It says butter chicken in the cement sidewalk near my house and I pass it everyday. Today two guys saw it and were rather excited about it, it made me smile. And I am glad it did, because today wasnt that great of a day. I barely slept and not surprisingly woke up to an email, it happens every night before I get one, and I got nailed by an exam I thought I slayed. Today wasnt a very good day. But today is Thanksgiving. So I am going to man up and write some things that I am thankful for.


  • That it says Unicorn on the dart board on TV when I watch Darts randomly
  • That when you trace your hand it can look like a turkey
  • That I ran 5 km tonight
  • That I like my hair finally and growing it out isnt so painful
  • That I actually feel like this is home
  • That I can just hop on a train to work and that the last part of the train ride goes past heaps of graffiti
  • That I can see anything scrubs related and feel happy
  • That I have a family that really loves me
  • That I have people here who care about me and worry when I am upset
  • That music can make anything feel at least a bit better
  • That I got a really good chocolate bar for 50 cents a few days ago
  • That I have a library card


That is just a few things. But I think sometimes when days feel like they suck and all you want to do is cry a little bit it helps to remember all of the good things, sometimes they go unnoticed. Today may have not been my favourite day but it could have been worse. And reality is I still have 2 hours to make this day a bit better than it may have  been.

No comments:

Post a Comment