06 October 2011

Steve Jobs Dying Overshadowed Your Day

I like days that celebrate the day that someone was born. I like them best when I am not the one in the light. So when I woke up today knowing it would be passionfruit cheesecake for breakfast from a recipe that literally said "Nothing says I love you like passionfruit cheesecake. Tempt your loved one with this mouth-watering dessert" I thought well, this will be a different day. I knew it wouldnt exactly be the day in my head. That day wasnt real. But I knew it would be some kind of wonderful.

I like cake for breakfast. I like writing notes. I like seeing someone smile because for one day so many people remember them. But then Steve Jobs died and that was sad. I just wonder if my future I-things will be as awesome. They may be, but I still feel like I miss Steve Jobs. He was an inspiration that is for sure.

But back to a day of birth celebration. It felt like I should have celebrated you more. I wanted to spend basically every second trying to make your day perfect, but at some point I had to realize that it wasnt my job. That I cant pretend to be the girl I am not. That I have to learn to be a best friend and that maybe I filled that role with cake and starbursts and a publication on its way.

I liked this day better when it was in my head three weeks ago. However, the point is, you deserved the best day. And I am sorry Steve Jobs died, especially today. And I feel blessed that somehow 9 months ago we became really good friends and that I can tell you every secret. I admire you in ways that I probably dont have words for. I hope this day was perfect for you. And I hope that every morning when you wake up you realize that someone loves you and that you are excessively amazing. Happy day of birth celebration day.

Love always.

No comments:

Post a Comment