21 January 2011

Pterodactyl

Fact. The Pterodactyl is a reptile not a dinosaur because dinosaurs were diapsid reptiles with an upright stance or were quadrepeds with a stiff, straight legged style of walking.

For those of you who by chance have been reading these posts for ages may feel a little deja-vu. But sometimes its worth going back to good things from the past to tell about something in the present.

You didnt believe me that the pterodactyl was not classified as a dinosaur, and even if you did believe me I have no doubt we would have argued anyways. Lately it seems like these stupid arguments are what keeps me smiling. Its a few minutes when I forget about the other stresses around and I just laugh and try and think of a way to make you realize your opinion is just wrong. Ultimately we both know the argument is solely for the sake of arguing, perhaps thats why its so entertaining. So as I try and forget about the cockroach skittering about and contemplate going to sleep I cant help but wonder what stupid thing we will argue about next, if I am lucky it will just be a few hours before you stumble in and have something to say.

Regardless, pterodactyls are not dinosaurs, just like I am not invincible.

2 comments:

  1. hey.
    just an fyi. i occasionally steal bits and blurbs from your blog. and toss them in notes i occasionally write. i hope you don't mind. (not passing it off as my own, of course, but rather quote and note it).

    That V
    "I think its beautiful when people can open about their real self. Not the person that most people glance at on the bus or at the market. But the person deep down that recites random useless facts or has minor obsessions with childhood games. I think beauty is rarely found near the skin. Its so much deeper. And the more I think about it, the more I miss the beautiful people in my life that know all of those real things about me. "

    p.s. i often pick things to listen to, watch, or read because someone thought it important enough to mention in their blog. i'm going to read "can you keep a secret?" it'd better be good or i will be disappointed.
    thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know who you are, but it is really touching to know that once in awhile I write something you feel is noteworthy. I hope you enjoy "Can You Keep A Secret?"

    ReplyDelete