19 January 2011

If the Spiders and Snakes Dont Kill You the Floods Will

Why do people say these things to me? Hello, I have arachnaphobia and am homeless. Apparently Australia is killing me. Except not killing me like the zombies on Call of Duty. Are you now sitting there questioning the gaming reference? You should not be. Let it be known that I have a fascination with video games. I dont play them often but some of them really catch my eye.

Space Invaders for example. The arcade game sits in my basement. I grew up playing it. I am not saying I am great at it by any means, but I love it. It just reminds me of my childhood. Next would be Mortal Kombat. Only because of the joy it has brought me at both the nicklecade and the laundromat. What a great game.

Getting back to the point though, Call of Duty is coming into play here as level 10 has been the level to beat independently today. No, I dont play it, I just am the spectator. But I think I am finally catching on. Perhaps I would survive a level, maybe even two if I joined in with a controller. Regardless, I am content sitting here watchingish as I flip through notes and scan websites. Possibly the contentment comes from the complete lack of stress in the air at the moment, its a truth breath of fresh air for me. Or perhaps it is coming from the fact that a door was opened to me from two gentlemen, so unexpectedly. Or because I laugh a lot here, there is just something about the humour in this house, or just about your presence, you two are hilarious.

So as much as I feel like Australia is trying to kill me, with the most massive spiders that are hanging overhead and that I have to run underneath as I cringe because I think they will eat me, or with its natural disaster destroying my home, I am still alive. So here I am, embracing your video games as I hear the rolling thunder, and contemplating how much of a pleasant surprise staying here has been. xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment