31 January 2011

Because You All Thought I Was Someone New

I had a lot of things to say, and even more things to write. Mostly because I write the things I am too scared to say. But instead of doing that I will just rapidly scribble a thing or two as I sit on the grass, post being kicked out of the library.

I wore glasses yesterday and pulled my hair back. I looked in the mirror and I felt like I looked like me. I have enjoyed short hair, but finally being able to pull my hair back into a small ponytail reminded me of me. It was a feeling of pure satisfaction as I strapped up my heels and went to church. And then as person after person stared in disbelief and then uttered comments as to how they didnt even recognize me and wondered who the new girl was I was taken aback. What do you mean I look that different? Then I realized, they didnt see me the way I saw me. They didnt know me with 22 years of long hair or as the girl who has had glasses since she was 10. They were used to my pixie cut and contacts that appeared invisible. Perhaps I did look different.

Alas, it is finals time and I feel like my nerdy glasses give me an extra boost of motivation and desire to be a nerd. So they had to be broken. And well, my hair is growing, so that just seems natural. So its okay if when you see me you stop for a second and try and figure out what looks different, perhaps I look less homeless too. You can never be sure about these things. All I know is that I feel content.



ps I just booked flights to Spain and London. When did I become so spontaneous? Hopefully you are in town and will let me crash on your couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment