17 January 2011

Non-Mirror Images

I had never though about how the image was translated to the person on the other side of the computer, at least not until yesterday. You had me raise a hand to figure out if it was a mirror image or not. It wasnt. I think that moment made it more real. We were both just hanging out in the places we were staying and just chatting, as if we were sitting across from each other in real life. There is something about talking to you. Dont settle though, please dont. I wish I knew the words to tell you how incredible you are. Them maybe the mere thought of settling wouldnt enter your mind. I forgot how much you changed me this summer, do you know that? Maybe you should come visit this way. Just a thought.

As much as I am loving the non mirrored images part of me feels ready to go beyond that. When I see your faces it reminds me of how real you are, and sometimes of how much I miss you. I cant imagine not being able to skype, its become so commonplace in my mind when I need to talk to someone from somewhere in America.

But then there are moments here when I realize this is my non-mirror image. My life is whats real. And lately that seems to be facing things head on. Like the 2 massive spiders hanging in webs overhead that I have to walk under to get into this place. Seriously, they need to be killed. I cannot handle it. But that is whats real. And as much as I love how real skype makes things, I cant let myself believe that I am that person trapped on the screen, that I am only in existance when it shows me online and someone elses face appearing on my screen. That is such a big part of maintaining and growing relationships, but ultimately the beauty of our non-mirror images is just a small fragment of our lives. And sometimes, its my favourite fragment.

No comments:

Post a Comment