03 January 2011

Domination- The Word of Convention

Urban Dictionary: Domination
interjection: a word that hardly ever fails at it's purpose as an interjection.

Domination is a word that is very dear to my heart. It can be used after mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually or any other type of victory over someone. The odd thing is that I am not very competitive. I would rather have people peaceful than stressing over a victory so I dont go out of my way to crush someone. However, when it comes to domination I am all over it. As i let this word mold my introductions to a new experience I found it was able to describe most events that occurred. In life there is always someone dominating. And sometimes that just means dominating your own life. Which is the best form of it. I am so ready to dominate this year.

As I found myself thriving in that word and the world it opened I started to see my life through new eyes. Eyes non related to domination. I was in a "pod", a massive room divided into small clusters with trifolds. These pods had concentration camp style beds, which I honestly enjoyed in the end. But as this pod had over a dozen girls and was surrounded by pods of the exact same content I had such an opportunity to learn more about myself.

I learned that I will never be that girl that will spend hours and hours dolling up for something or someone. I will get ready and look nice but I will still look like me. I wont always have my hair curled and dresses fitting each curve, I will more likely have on a plaid shirt and a large belt buckle with skinny jeans and toms. I wont ever be that girl that believes in any kind of permanent cosmetic alterations, whether that be a breast augmentation or tattooed makeup or other cosmetic surgeries. I actually am really happy with how I look, if I looked different then I wouldnt look like me. And I learned that I am not that social girl that has to talk to every boy or be noticed by every person. I am the one that likes to just sit back and chill and meet people when it happens but I dont thrive in social situations. I thrive in those private conversations that happen between a few people.

So as I spent my few hours of sleep in that pod and the rest of the time was spent with the other 1500 people there I outwardly existed on domination. But inside I found so many opportunities to reflect and see who I am. At first I felt as though I would never fit in, but then I saw that I fit in perfectly with myself. And I have finally hit a point in my life where I am so happy with who I am, and I dont change who I am for other people anymore.

I think I am starting to dominate my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment