16 January 2011

The Chicken Coop Ate My Sandal

Today was different. But lately every single day is different. None of them go as I would expect. So maybe its becoming expected that everyday will be different, so maybe that is just becoming normal. But it was so different.

Church was ended early so we could spend the day helping people with their homes. This resulted in my first public shout out in church and everyone turning and staring at me. However, this led to a handful of men trampling through mud, chicken excrement, and sewage water to spend hours at my place. This involved moving furniture, hauling rubbish off on a boat as the road was flooded and we needed the rubbish across the road. It was amazing. I didnt think we could do anything there and yet so much was accomplished. The house is amazingly destroyed. I still feel like I am in shock. The basement was the real kicker, her room is covered in mud, the door is warped, its so bad that I cant even imagine someone ever claiming that as their bedroom again.

This day became more apparently different as a man gave me thirty dollars because he wanted to help and to him that was important. I ultra appreciated his generosity. And as I realized that the men hauling out of my house barely knew me, if they did at all. And as my flip flop broke walking through a mud and excrement filled chicken coop as I fled my house again. I was covered in mud and shoeless. Finally I looked the part, I am homeless and I look it. Bummer.

The thing is that this is kinda funny, like haha I have to laugh or else I will cry. Another few weeks and it will just be ha ha funny and I will laugh all about it. Today it is just like a bit funny because who does this happen to? I dont know. Me, I suppose. So I put on a dress tonight after a long shower so that I would not feel like I was homeless, it has worked temporarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment