02 November 2011

R2D2 Swimsuits

Sometimes you converse with people and it doesnt stick. I am the worst for that. I swear I am trying to listen and absorb but sometimes I just cant. I have the hardest time remembering names and specifics. I am not a verbal learner. I know that. I dont learn well in lectures or by reading. I learn by writing and doing. If I wrote down everything someone said during a conversation I would remember it better. But you cant really do that when meeting people.

However, sometimes people say things that captivate me. Like the conversation about the specifics involved with R2D2 swimsuits and their trademark legalities. It was overly fascinating. So much so I randomly thought about it while buying groceries the other day. It just reminded me that I really like conversing with people that make me think and fascinate me. It is much better than the drab, mundane conversations that happen so easily.

Sometimes I wonder why people are so superficial. But I know why. Its because either they dont care or they are doing it as a defense mechanism. Once you let people in they have the ability to hurt you. Maybe that is why when a conversation really grabs my attention I take notice. Although I will admit that sometimes I wish I was more superficial. Sometimes I regret saying out loud so much about what goes on in my head, but then I usually think about all the things I dont say and know it balances in the grand scheme. I wish I had an R2D2 swimsuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment