20 September 2012

I Know Your Sad Even Though You Say That Your Not

Those aren't the words I thought I was about to write about. I suppose the whole song has lyrics worth writing paragraphs about. I am almost certain I have previously used several lines from it before actually. So when I actually opened the page to start laying down words I was surprised at the thought process that was actually occurring in my mind.

I had thought about sending a courtesy email the past few days. I hadn't though. I suppose it was my mind preparing me to receive an email. At least it wasn't preempted by a night full of tearful and fearful dreams like it usually is. I wasn't surprised though when I found it in my inbox during one of my middle of the night wake ups. I ignored it for a few hours, til it was a wake up closer to really waking up.

The words were meaningless. Just words. Sentences. I felt nothing. They seemed insignificant. I can honestly say I don't know what was behind them. Was it venting? Or just a release? Or an attempt at connecting? You should know by now the meaning was lost on me. It was lost so long ago. I suppose an obligatory response will be required. But the truth is I want you to recognize how sad and lonely you are. I want you to see the pain you created and the mistakes you made. I want you to see it so you can go back to who you were. But that might be beyond the scope of real life. You may not admit you are sad but I know you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment