03 May 2012

Missed Memos

It has taken me nearly two years to realize it but I think I missed the memo. In my previous life I went to a university where my graduating year had 6147 students and 56% were married. You can guess which end of that percentage I was on. At the time there were jokes about me missing the point of my four years there as I had not found a husband. I laughed them on in a lavish rich person way, at least that is how I am recreating it, ah ha ha ha ha (imagine it lavishly). So off I went. Unmarried and without ties to tie or just ties. So then I did the sensible thing and chose to pursue even further education. Welcome to my life. As said life continued I read a lot of things and didnt consider myself as having missed reading something. Until now.

I must have missed a memo. That is the only explanation. Almost every single person I knew well during my years as an undergrad has a spouse. You may think I am exaggerating but I am not. I would say there are about 5 people graduated from the aforementioned attended school that I know that are not married. Even my friends little sibilings are getting engaged. This leads me to the thought that maybe that was a place for marriage. Maybe I should have spent more time dating and less time in the library. And if everyone I know has found their husband there then where do I find one?

Maybe that was one memo I shouldnt have missed.

2 comments:

  1. He's coming to you, I promise :) He is just a little bit lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I don't know what percentage of my graduating class was married, but I don't rally concentrate on that because I don't relate to them very well. Of my commissioning class of 21 though, only two of us are neither married or engaged.
    I (hopefully) irrationally feel that my chance to get married was while at school, and now that i'm part of the real world, that chance had passed.

    On a somewhere related note, it's impossible to not fall in love with you after taking a peek at your heart and mind. You should slip prospective guys a business card with your blog on it. They'll fall in love with you in no time

    ReplyDelete