21 May 2012

Nobody Told Her She Would Lose In The First Round

The last fight was fixed from the start.

Sometimes it feels like that. That when failure falls upon us that it was destined. Sometimes I wish I knew in the first round so I could spend my energies elsewhere. I think this may be how I feel. I feel like I am losing fights I dont even know I am in. Today was just one of those fixed fight days so instead of relaying my self defined lose I will tell a story.

One time there was a bear. And there was a squirrel. And they were friends. One tuesday they decided to go to their favourite creek to look for acorns and fish. The best acorns were always near the banks as the acorn trees were the most watered up. So there they were. The bear hurled right into the water while the squirrel began squirreling. Oddly they were having no luck with their food finding. And then the day got cold suddenly. It was a blizzard out of no where. The bear and the squirrel didnt know what to do. They were far from their woodland home and had nothing warm besides their fur and they were hungry. As the blizzard became a white out they realized they were lost and lonely and cold and hungry and it was miserable. If only they had known they would have stayed home. And then in their complete misery they realized that at least they had each other and they were not alone. As this realization began to become clear an acorn fell in front of them and the blizzard began to fade. And all was well with the bear and the squirrel. Until one day when there was no food so the bear ate the squirrel.

Sometimes when I find myself post lost fight and wondering how it happened or just feeling lonely and defeated I can remember wise words from a loving mother who told me to look for the Lord's tender mercies. So as I walked through the store to purchase paper for my printer and found my favourite candy-previously not found in the country of current residence- I felt the tender mercy and realized I am not alone. Regardless of how defeated and lonely some days get I think it is important to remember that we are never alone and that the Lord is always acutely aware of our exact circumstance. So maybe sometimes I need a good blow of defeat to keep me humble and realizing how blessed I am.

I wonder if bears and squirrels think about things like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment