03 June 2010

2:18:52

2 Hours. 18 Minutes. 52 Seconds.
What can you do in that amount of time? More importantly, what do you choose to do?

I chose to run a half marathon. Holla! I found out my time today and I was pretty much psyched. It may be enough motivation to have me do another, I am still too sore to run, mostly my knee just aches. No big. But I am pretty sure I want to do another. Aim for like 2 hours.

But here is the thing. What am I really doing with my life? I can't even begin to tell you the amount of time I have wasted. Two hours here watching Veronica Mars, two hours there facebook stalking, two hours just doing nothing of importance. But don't get me wrong. There is another side to it. There have been countless 2 hour times when I was talking to a friend, or studying, or working, or volunteering. I just feel like I should more consciously be trying to make each 2:18:52 count.

So I resolve, just to myself you know, to make it count. I want to be able to look back and laugh and smile thinking of what I did for those 2:18:52, like I do when I think of monday.
love.


No comments:

Post a Comment