09 June 2010

Reasons Why I need a Unicorn Named Justin

Sometimes you just need someone to talk things over with. When those big decisions hit you need that place of comfort and familiarity so you can make that big decision. As most life lessons, I can relate this to Scrubs. I need a unicorn like JD. He has Justin and sits on Justin for all major decisions. Why dont I have a unicorn? I do not know.

But as unicornless as I am I still have all of those big decisions. And I cant say I dont have my own Justins. Running provides such beauty and clarity, as does Yoga. But most often I can see the answers in my own writing. As I email Soph about the novel of my life each week or as I write Vicki another letter about life and my future I see the answers pouring out in front of me. Perhaps my letters to them provide little more than amusment or the feeling of me being there, but I know for me they bring the clarity that those 2 girls would give me if they were here. Sometimes its like I forget that I know whats best for me. Its so easy to remind someone else of their beauty and talents and yet so hard to see our own.

I should learn to take my own advice more.

I still would like a unicorn to name though and to sit on as I ponder the life decisions that are being thrown in my face. I am about to join the real world. The world outside of being at BYU. The world where I need a job and its up to me to be happy and to make all those decisions that make me happy. So here I am thinking of all of these life shaping decisons and I am unicornless. Why dont they make Toms with unicorns on them? I dont know. I was just thinking I would really adore them.

So theres the thing. I have running and yoga and writing to help me find the answers that JD sits on his unicorn for. Perhaps I am not as unicornless as I think. love.

1 comment:

  1. IT'S NOT A UNICORN! IT'S A HORSE WITH A SWORD ON IT'S HEAD!

    Hahhaa I love you :) And your blog

    ReplyDelete