06 June 2010

It's all in the Name.

Do you ever name inanimate objects? I definately do. When I own something and it becomes important to me or has sentimental value etc it often finds itself named. For example, my ipod- spartacus, my camera- layla, my snowboard- rory, longboard- brodan. You see, I name things. And the name indicates something. Spartacus makes me think of That thing you Do, which correlates to music, hence my Ipod. When I bought my lovely Nikon SLR I was a huge fan of Flyleaf and Layla is a name in my favourtie Flyleaf song. And so goes the naming game.

Here I am. Two years to the day from when I was in the hospital having a procedure to eliminate the pain I was in. Two years ago I couldn't imagine how incredible pain free my life would be, and how much that would change everything. My perspective changed, my countenance changed, I grew up, I recognized benefits of trial and error and technology and patience. Two years ago things changed. And as I tend to name things, I have 'Molly' to thank for these great two years. Molly because it makes me think of something so sweet and innocent and caring, something that does everything it can to make your life better.



Unrelated Sidenote.
Most of my friends say the best two years of their life was a mission,
I think the last 2 years have been my best as I have learned and grown the most.

1 comment: