18 September 2011

Mars, Venus or Uranus

When I went to my piano teachers house in middle school I would have to wait for my sister as we had back to back lessons. In the living room I always sat in I remember there being a game or maybe a book called Men are from Mars, Women are From Venus. I didnt give it much thought.

Today I was realizing how blatantly different boys and girls think. It caught  me off guard. Reality is it shocked me and a few hours later I still feel confused perhaps. Or maybe just insecure. The thing is that I save every note and card anyone gives me. I treasure them and place them in my journal or my note box where I reread them. So to hear that each note I write just goes straight to the receptacle bin was a shocker. To realize that we respond differently always seems illogical. In my mind everyone would the same in generic situations. To me its like any romantic date should make someone feel elated and get butterflies and feel in love. And everyone should want to leave little notes for people they like. And teasing should never be related to something sensitive. And people should want to always remind others they love them and know its not implied.

You see in my mind its Uranaus. Because in grade 2 we studied the planets and I drew Uranus because I liked the bluey green colour of it. So that is my favourite planet. And on that planet boys and girls understand each other. And on that planet I am not sensitive and insecure.

Sometimes I realize I just dont understand boys and that just leaves me insecure. I wish I was tougher and lived on Uranus.

No comments:

Post a Comment