14 May 2013

To Write This Down As Means To Reconcile


We write to apologize. 

We ask to look past life as it goes by.
I know you have sacrificed time, life, love, time to fly. 
Please consider all things right, 
Forgiveness will be the thing that gets us by.
I know to have something like this broken is hard to fix.



Embers, we're burning bridges down. 
Envelopes stuffed with feelings found.
To write this down as means to reconcile.



We write to patch things up, 
Maybe not to agree but to proclaim love. 
Let's look ahead and then we'll see the one whose glory never ends. 
And based on that we'll see, 
There'll be room for change, but gradually. 
I know to have something like this broken is hard to fix.


Mae explained it better than I could. 

I wanted to write something eloquent about today but I dont have those words within me. I dont think I am even writing to reconcile. I am almost writing out of obligation. I sent a birthday email. I used your name. I didnt sign it with love. I am not there yet. Having this broken is hard to fix. I dont believe we live in a world where you can have everything without sacrifice. I believe you have to work and that real relationships arent formed out of obligation. I do think I have forgiven. I just have also watched the embers burn the bridges. I have just chosen to walk away from the burning. To not let the anxiety and pain be overwhelming. So I will continue to write about all the feelings found but this is just where I am at for now. I am doing the best that I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment