26 March 2013

The Greatest Escape

I crave the silence. The aloneness. Sometimes being lonely is super awesome. But then in the same moment I hate the silence. I crave music. I require it. It is like breath to me. I am constantly obsessed with a song. I cannot get enough of the escape that it is. The second I have headphones in it is as if the world doesnt exist. As if I can do anything.

As frustrated and stressed as I have felt lately I am not sure if I have felt any greater release than while shutting out the world and allowing the notes to fill me. I believe music mends broken hearts but that it also mends my other scrapes. I wouldnt say I am obsessed but I might be actually.

I think it took a song and some moments for me to remember that all it takes for me to forget about the world I am wanting to hold up is the right music. Not what you play in the car when I am dying for you to switch it. But the soothing, calming sense that comes from beloveds. I think I need to spend more time with my headphones.

1 comment:

  1. Love you! Been thinking about you a lot lately and praying for you. If you do need to run, just run to Utah. I'll make sure you go back :)

    ReplyDelete