15 March 2013

One Thing I've Learned, You'll Always Get Hurt, But You Never Give Up

The roller coaster that is me often has those moments where you wonder if it will make it up that hill. When it is chugging along so painfully slowly as the incline only increases but you still know that once it overcomes that upward battle it results in an instant plummet. Yet you live for those moments. I go on roller coasters for the excitement and fear that comes with falling. I crave that anticipation and thrill. So I cant fault life for giving me exactly what I yearn for. As I sat listening to the obvious Motion City  as I studied the lyrics rang more true than  usual. So often I feel such frustration and anger that comes with hurt and wonder why I bother. But they understand. You never give up. Being hurt is part of life. I cant keep living in anticipation of getting hurt. Of worrying that I care too much and wishing I didnt love so whole heartedly. That is me. And I can only guarantee that it will lead to me being hurt again and again but for once I am realizing that I am not going to let it decide that I should give up. I am going to just accept that it happens and try and learn a little more and worry a little less. Instead I should enjoy the thrills of the ride instead of hating myself for the anticipation I cause. I really wish I was on a real roller coaster right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment