08 June 2012

Who I Want To Take Me Home

There must be a word for it. It is super simple and obvious I am pretty sure, I dont know though for sure as I cant remember it. It isn't love. It is so much more than that. Maybe ethos? Nope, I was thinking eros but that isnt it, its agape. My greek is terrible these days. Haha I say that like there are days that I excel in greek. Those days arent real. But this day is real so agape, that unconditional love. Now that I have found the perfect word to describe it I dont know how to begin. I suppose I shall just make it a story of some sort.

Once there was a girl. A girl that had low expectations of a lot of things and preferred to fly under the radar, in a "whatever" sort of way. She felt awkward being in the spotlight and found ways to avoid it. But one day a year it was hard to. So she just stayed quieter. Being closer to the shadows allowed for this. Then the time came and she was met with her favourite cake prepared and waiting to be eaten at breakfast, something most people wouldnt know. As the day unfolded a trend became obvious. A book mentioned a year previously was given. Then a set of movies the collection was missing were given even though the need for said object was only ever mentioned in passing once. And then it just went on. A record of a beloved band, a book on zen with money for hot chocolate to elicit a quiet arvo in a coffee shop. A purse more beautiful and classy than imagined. Money with a card and note that left tears of love. A hot pack because someone knew it would eleviate something they couldnt. And as it all happened the shadows seemed unreal. The radar wasnt where it was thought to be. All of the time spent trying to remain unobtrusive was nil in a sense. Because the girl was not hidden. Her quiet words were heard as if they were shouted from a mountain repeatedly. The little things were noticed and celebrations were made. It suddenly felt like no one could ever care more than those people did for this one girl who had tried to hide.

That is basically my life. And by life I mean day. Today I was so shocked in the best way to realize how many people have taken notice of the small things and for the time and effort put in to ensure that I feel loved. I even felt that love when a card was opened and the creepy man picture fell out. Sometimes I feel alone, I feel so far from the things that seem to matter. And then days like today happen and I realize I have so many people in my life that I would want to take me home. Agape was the highlight of getting old. It is nice to be reminded that you are someone special.

1 comment:

  1. Writing like this reminds me why I love you.

    ReplyDelete