01 June 2012

Like Gloves Made For My Feet- But Not Ugly Like Vibrams

I am a barefoot runner. Not literally. I just wear barefoot running shoes. But not the ugly toe ones. Those freak me out. Just the normal ones. But this isn't about running or bare feet. It is about love.

The other day I went to the post office. Just normally to pick up something. I knew it was loan forms, not awesome but awesome because I have to pay tuition. So as awesome as digging a grave or debt can be. My feet felt like lead as I walked. The past two weeks had taken a toll. My normally crappy body was feeling even crappier and I was exhausted. I just had to fit in the post office before waiting for my train to work. It was like the break in routine of exhaustion. Then the lady came back with a box. A triplicate form doesnt require a box. So as I walked to the train I called the sender. As I waited behind the yellow line I started ripping it out and was laughing and squealing with joy. I had been sent new Toms. This was extraordinary as two pairs of my Toms have massive holes yet I have been wearing them all the time anyways. And then I tried them on and it was like wearing perfectly sized gloves on my feet. Maybe it was because they were full of love. And the more I thought the more I realized that my worldly possessions that mean the most are the ones with stories and sewn or produced with love. Without love I would probably have sad cold feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment