02 June 2012

Because I Ask About Your Life On Occasion

One time a boy whom I will always love told me I felt that way because he asked about my life on occasion. I was shattered. And then a long time passed. And I realized that is a huge part of it. Sometimes you love people because they get you through things or care and that is exactly the type of love it was. I cared because he was one of the few people that existed in my circle that asked the right questions and listened for the answers.

As time passed I thought I cared about someone else and got butterflies and was so excited. And then realized something was missing. So as more time passed as it tends to do I forgot about it and continued on like humans do. And then it all clicked. What has been continually missing in such an array of past relationships is that simple act of feeling like someone actually was hearing what I was saying.

I think that blow on that winter night as I realized an unrequited love has opened my eyes in ways that I will always be grateful for. What I really want is someone that asks about my life on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment