12 June 2012

The Law of Opposites

There is something to it. It is so illogical and I probably never got it until now. Or maybe I have never met people so different to myself so there was never opportunity to understand. So there I was. In a position where I was bound to converse if I wanted time to pass in any fashion. Plus it was one of those things where you know you will take the hit for someone else and it was my turn for sure. So I smiled and said my hellos. It wasnt like something crazy happened and irrevocable memories were made. It was just sitting and chatting like normal people probably do but it just has stuck with me. I just cant get over how opposite someone could be to me. And I find it hilarious in a weird way. I am just so fascinated I suppose. And that sounds kinda creepy stalkerish, thankfully I am not stalking anyone. I just wanted to I suppose note that I get it. I get why opposites attract. Seeing qualities that you cant even imagine possessing or just trying to glimpse into an opposite point of view is fascinating. It is like walking into a new world. I would have followed the rabbit too if I was Alice, who doesnt want adventure and to be in a new existence? I guess the flipside is the thing edge between being fascinated and falling for nothing as you try and understand a new world. Maybe that is why fate (or whatever you would like to refer to it as) has a place. In so many ways it prevents dangerous opportunities. Regardless, I am kinda hooked on this whole opposites thing and realizing how much of the world and humans I dont know.

No comments:

Post a Comment