17 June 2013

The Truman Lauren Show

I often wish  wonder if my life is a movie or television show.  Not because I think it is so drama filled and fascinating that citizens of all places would tune in, but because strange things always happen and when they happen I usually can imagine the song that would be used to accompany it.  Dramatic, I know. I just can't help the way I feel. I constantly am narrating my own life and adding in the music and usually finding it to be fascinating.

Like the other night, I nailed a Tide-to-go commercial. Imagine a pale pink dress with red wine spilled across the front and back. Out comes my Tide-to-go and next thing you know the dress is basically perfect. The wedding continues and I assume relatively few knew, minus the ones still in awe from my skill. Perfect commercial. Except it was my life.

And somehow there tends to be characters full of drama that I cant avoid, like the ones you see on the Bachelor and wonder how they can possibly be real people and how the Bachelor can even want to date them. These characters feel placed in my life to add hype and to obtain viewers. So clearly there is a high probability that me writing this blog is not useful as everyone is already watching my every move.

This must be how Truman felt. Sometimes it makes me wonder if I actually lived in Australia for two years or if those thoughts have been planted. Maybe I never left here. Maybe nothing is real.


But then again what is reality? 


No comments:

Post a Comment