13 June 2013

Quarters and Centuries

Occasionally occasions happen that should be recorded and those are the times I feel the least like writing. When I have nothing to say and no words to convey I can ramble incessantly. I have decided this is a most inconvenient form of writers block. Alas, I am going to punch this block until it breaks and most likely leave you with a most boring and unfulfilling story of my day of spoilings.

A day of birth celebration has never been important to me so I am unsure why I decided this year it was. And in reality, I only decided that my partner make it important. I didnt really care about what anyone else thought or how they wanted to celebrate, I just wanted my partner to take time off to show me that for one day I could be above work. You see he has a career that is highly demanding and in five months this was the only time I had asked for a moment of work time to be my time instead. So I didnt even feel bad.Being the smart man he is, he took two thirds of the day off. I would be scared of my wrath too, so it was the obvious decision.

But I regress to the evening prior. Said man had decided we would do a nice dinner to celebrate. So after work and renewing my drivers license that would expire the next day I stopped by the office. I wanted a house key so I could get ready at his place instead of having to drive the hour to mine and then come back to the city. Somehow this resulted in me receiving keys to a brand new truck and leaving my car. Best birthday gift ever. Okay I couldnt keep it. He was just letting me take his truck he got that day home so he could get the oil changed in my car. What a stud. So eventually he comes home with my car oiled, washed and fueled and with flowers in his arms. Nailed it. The evening progressed to a fancy meal and then not fancy watching of the OC. I am obsessed, due to my inability to retain things I only remember the arching story of it and each episode seems brand new even though I watched them all my sophmore year and used to dream about the OC every night.

Then it was my day. I awoke to presents and balloon bouquet with a note inside. The day brought crepes and boardgames and family and cake from Winnipeg and boccie ball and presents and 25 things my family loves about me. And for once, I felt so spoiled. Between the thoughtful note and the time and the food and the overly expensive and intuitive presents I literally felt like I was a princess. It may have been the best day ever. And like all good days should end, I fell asleep curled up next to my man while him and my sister and her little beau watched a movie. One day I might stay awake for a movie but probably not.

So even though I feel really old being a whole quarter of a century I am okay with it. Because I have never felt so loved and not alone and accepted as I do right now. I think this year may be the best year of my life so far. With fingers crossed. 

ps my lover spoiled me and I want everyone to know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment