14 November 2012

The Time I Grew Wings

What do you do when all of your plans come to a close? When you reach a point you weren't ever sure existed? You apparently grow wings and learn to fly. You feel a sense of success and freedom you actually didn't know existed.

I think it is safe to say I am not an overly confident person. Swagger isn't something I possess too much of. But let me tell you, I have never been so proud of myself as I am right now. I feel like I am pretty impressive. I mean twenty four with a Masters should count for something.

I could stop praising myself but I probably won't for this whole post so feel free to vomit a bit or stop reading.

The thing is the past two years have been a gong show. I mean hectic as. And there were times when I couldn't see an end, to any of it. It just felt like I was drowning in the middle of the ocean with nothing around but more ocean to drown in. But I didn't. Somehow I just made it to now. I mostly doggy paddled along, but I am okay with that because I made it.

I don't have much of a plan set. Everything beyond yesterday seems foreign and unaligned. But in these moments it just seems irrelevant because I have done it. All I want to do is celebrate and feel proud of myself. To breathe and to feel free. So I think that is exactly what I will do.

I did it. I survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment