13 November 2012

My Real Life Atlantis?

It felt like a dream. Not like the kind I have. But the kind where you feel like you have just escaped reality and that you are somehow in an alternate world. It had all of the right elements. It had the sort of people you want to be surrounded by, it had nature, culture, contrast, excitement and wonder. It truly was like I had a chance to just step away from the stress I have felt surrounded by.

I think I forget to live sometimes. To breathe. I let myself suffocate in my own mind. But for some reason I just bought plane tickets and made no plans other than whose home to sleep at and I left. And because of my lack of thought and desire to just escape I found so much joy. It really was amazing to just forget about everything and to just live in the moment. To let nothing else matter except for my first proper scones and the magic they brought to my mouth. To just take in the muddy path and the stream and the garden and the people that just exuded so much beauty.

I would compliment this with pictorials but I mostly just used my polaroid and my pop cam, I know, I clearly want to be either indie or a hipster. So the digital world is lacking photographic evidence. But my heart will hopefully not soon forget the childlike bliss I felt at Father John's. Melbourne is a place I can only hope to be blessed enough to spend more time in.


No comments:

Post a Comment