06 November 2012

A Little Taboo

I have said it before and I will probably scream it again; I am not a fan of discussing politics and religion with most people. Let me explain. I love talking about religion with people that are open minded and have something to share. However, let me be realistic, most people are not in this category-even if they say they are. I find once you bring up things like God or the President you are in for a rampage of someones beliefs that they will try and turn into fact. Sorry, but that is not my cup of tea. I do not feel the need to force my political or religious beliefs upon anyone. I am quite thrilled to share such thoughts with all but not in any situation that is then going to involve me being tied to a stake and slashed.

So here we are on American Election day. And I am dying. I have this love/hate relationship with it all. I think both candidates will do well. America will be blessed with either leader. I do have a preference but that is my choice. What is killing me is how short sighted and opinionated people are, especially those I esteem as colleagues or intellects. And then there is those on the internet that I have to question whether they know anything more than that Obama is black and Romney is Mormon. It really is like stabbing my eyes and watching them bleed as I read the comments people make, there is an overwhelming sense of ignorance. And not only that but the arguments! I feel politics brings out not only the worst in people but also an air of arrogance and misguided confidence as people spread less than half truths in order to defend something they know little about.

So as the election is quite near being called I shall bring this to a close. Regardless of which party you vote for may you never open your mouth about politics unless you are informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment