03 February 2011

Why Real Life is Like the Jetsons

I fondly remember watching the Jetsons on television as a child. Mostly I remember watching it while on holidays. Perhaps we didnt get it back home. It was one of those shows that would just make you laugh, and I always thought it was a good thing that when we phoned people they didnt see our faces because what if you were just stepping out of the shower, or all sweaty mid run or indisposed in some other way. The draw of telephones is that you can communicate with someone and appearance does not matter at all. You can call them anymore you have reception.

Real life has now become like the Jetsons. As the show crossed my mind the other night it hit. When we just rock up to skype with someone its the same as the Jetsons, or when you choose facetime on your phone, at least mine offers it (an option I always choose to not go with). So somewhere along the way we crossed that line of technology. The mindblowing scientific discoveries that were depicted in our childhood or prior to that are now real.

I am banking on a hover craft being the next household invention. Which makes me wish I was in the world of Tron.

No comments:

Post a Comment