22 May 2010

Why being lonely is sometimes Super Awesome - JD

Revamping occurs when my life feels revamped. So my blog felt the effects of the changing nature of my life.

I feel like my life is rather epic. Which seems odd as on the surface as it appears like my days are filled with classes, work and homework. And then sometimes I stop and I look at myself and lately it makes me smile.

I am just over 8 days away from my
first half marathon! I am so psyched, and terrified. 13.1 miles is really far, and sometimes I second guess myself. Yet, I am so ready to accomplish this. I mean running is just therapy for me, it releases stress and I enjoy a runners high. Amidst my blogging I actually decided to run, it was beautiful. It was about 9 miles of peace.

Then there is the fact that oh yah,
I am graduating from University in a few weeks. I have less than a month and I am done graduating, as long as all goes well. That will be a life altering thing most likely. I have spent, well my whole life basically in school, and its coming to an end. Cross your fingers grad school starts coming into place. But honestly, I kinda want a year off.

A year off. I am planning on
backpacking Europe. I think like 3ish weeks would be amazing. So thats a little bit in the works. Why not? I think travelling cultures you and provides you with invaluable life experiences, experiences I crave. I cannot wait to see the world.

Today I registered for my
Yoga Instructors Course. For years I have wanted to be a yoga instructor but it didnt ever seem feasible. Now I have my course half paid for and I am so psyched! It not only gives me a plan til the end of August but it also will be 200 hours of me doing what I love. I want that chance to share my love of life and yoga with people and I think I am on a path towards that.

Yes, I feel like my life is epicful.

Sometimes it is lonely. My best friend here went to Cairo for the summer. I miss Soph dearly. Another close friend went to Berlin for 3 months. My adventuring has dramatically decreased. I have only seen my family and calgary friends for 3 days in the last 5 months. Sanchez is still on a mission so I live through letters. And recently I realized how much I miss a boy I met 5 years ago, but he is on a mission for another 2 weeks. So heres the thing, Life got really lonely. But amidst feeling like everyone was out of reach I came to commit to running, I formed plans to help prepare me for life after BYU, and I chose to take my Yoga Instructors course. If I had been so preoccupied with friends and pillow talk and parks and adventuring I dont think I would have had so much time to ponder my future.

And thats why being lonely is sometimes super awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment