29 May 2010

Purpose, Fulfillment and being Effectual

Oh life.
This week was possibly the most horrid week I have had in ages. Actually, for sure it was. Looking back I cannot say it was the worst week of my entire life as I learned so many beautiful things. So here are eight of them, because 8 is my favourite number.
1. I learned that I have grown up.
2. I can cope with hard situations in healthy ways.
3. I can run really far sometimes and it makes me happy.
4. There are a LOT of people that care about me and will do anything for me.
5. I am determined to fulfill my dreams and that gives me hope and motivation.
6. That no matter what, I am never alone.
7. That sometimes a replacement family is enough for the moment.
8. That I love bakeries and farmers markets and feeling like I am part of a city and contributing to the people making a living right here.
9. (I had one more) That I am beautiful. Regardless of how I feel sometimes.

PURPOSE
I have a purpose here. Sometimes I forget that. Sunday night I had the best phone call ever. And a dear dear friend reminded me of my purpose in some situations. He reminded me about my role in the family, and that I am graduating and that I will do a lot of great things.
yes, my life has so much purpose. And I am PSYCHED about it! yay! I am going to do great things one day. Monday it will be running a half marathon, in 3 weeks it will be graduating, and soon it will be having a real job. Purpose makes me motivated.

FULFILLMENT
Sometimes I just need reminders that I am fulfilling something. Currently I am working on fulfilling dreams. And finding fulfillment in my daily occurances. For instance, this week I noticed how I felt after running, and when I took time to just sit and talk with a friend or enjoy the fresh air of outside, and it left me filled. I think I want to try and find one thing everyday that makes me a better person. That would be fulfilling.

EFFECTUAL-NESS
As I stopped by Its Yoga again this week I thought of how stoked I am to be a yoga instructor, it will be incredible. The thought of it makes me feel like I am progressing towards a place where I will be able to teach other people to recognize their mind-body connection and the peace and rejuvenation of yoga. Also, as I was speaking french with a friend the other day I thought of how great it would be to be in France and taking in the culture, I think I want to make my French effectual.

Life is so hard.
And yet here I am, and I am happy.
Sometime I feel the pain and aching of situations but underneath it all there is always some reason for me to be happy, even amidst tears.
At this moment I feel so hopeful for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment