27 March 2010

Oviraptosaur

Fact: The Oviraptosaurs resembled large flightless birds. They had slim but muscular back legs and could run quite fast. The first oviraptoosaur was discovered with a crushed skill lying near fossilized dinosaur eggs, which it likely died protecting.

I am not sure the Oviraptosaurus will be related to today, except that to me it was a protector, I bet that its friends and everyone around it felt safe. The other night I felt safe with you. Correlation established.

I recognize that the word EPIC has been found often and frequently in my most recent posts. However, this one will be no different. The other night was the most adventurously epic evening ever. It was magical actually.

It began with longboarding in the canyon. Well one longboard and one skateboard. And it was night and darkish. Luckily the moon was shining ultra bright. So basically we didnt see a single person on the path. It was glorious. Plus there is the storytelling park which I pretty much love now. You kinda broke a skateboard. oops. but thats epicish haha. Oh and let us note- longboarding with 2 people on the board is a LOT harder than you may think. Just saying. Oh and possibly the most imaginative moment in the canyon was the log you used as a rail. Nicely done.

Then it was on to Midway to see the Ice Castles. It was unfortunate that they appeared to be closed. Fortunately the fence was small. Needless to say, the ice castles were beautiful. I especially was fond of the part where you are like inside the ice tunnel. Loved it.

Then a dock on I think Deer Creek was the next destination. I think there was the first time of the night when I realized what a beautiful evening it was. The moon was way huge and it was a decently clear night, you could see a ton of stars and mountains were illuminated. It was just a gorgeous evening. I suppose by this time it was more into morning hours actually.

Then we found a freaking amazing park. Seriously I dont know when parks became so high tech! And I really want to know who invented all of the genius park toys. For instance, this one thing is like a wheel hanging from a pipe, you grab onto the wheel and as it untwists you spin. Genius. Although the ultimate toy was this twisted pipe on the ground- it was ideal for chicken fights. Who would think to twist some metal and put it inches off the ground? Genius I tell you! Oh and the last nice touch to the park was the huge fake rocks. They are basically made for sitting on and looking at the stars. As I said- this part was freaking amazing.

And there you have it. Such a unique night. It was intertwined with conversation and music and laughter. And it was EPIC, in every sense of the word. So pretty much I love adventurous epic nights.

The Oviraptosaur was found fossilized protecting its young. Last night was a late evening, and it was darkish and it was spent almost all outside. But I never once felt afraid, I just felt safe. And sometimes being with someone and feeling so incredibly safe is the best feeling in the world. Ergo, last night was an epic adventurous oviraptosaur evening. And I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment