20 March 2010

Gallimimus

Fact. The Gallimimus was the fastest dinosaur! It could run at 56 km/hr and it has been said that they could not hold things. So it likely fed on eggs with its beak-like snout. It also had a long neck that it held above its shoulders- like an ostrich. It was beautiful and unique.


I feel like the Gallimimus was a fascinating dinosaur. Can you imagine running that fast? Or not really being able to hold things? Or being a dinosaur that looks kinda like an ostrich? Its all so beautiful. The last two days have been pure fascination and beauty.

Yesterday we went snowboarding. After breaking up and having my heart shattered I was second guessing spending a day with you on the mountain. Regardless, we went. And it was incredible. I think we were always meant to be best friends. Dont get me wrong, dating you was one of the best things I can even imagine. I loved being your girlfriend, but more than that, I loved that we were best friends. So now we are just best friends, no lovey-dovey relationship. And its okay. We are going to be okay. And I really realized this as you were being all Steazy and showing me how you butter way better than me haha, oh and when you ran into me. Nice one. Apparently I am the best girl you have boarded with. Holla! Sundance was great. A little icy at first, and the back mountain was so sub-par, but I really enjoyed it. It was chill. We just talked and road and kinda did our thing, you were wayyy more intense than I am. But I just took the mountain and pretty much embraced that I am decent at boarding now. I left with minor bruises but it was a turning point. We talked about being tight and we are okay. And that means the world to me. After we went for early dinner or late lunch. It was so great, chicken salad with pineapple in it is killer! Plus free soft serve is great. Then we hit the mall. And part of me misses us walking around holding hands laughing, but just walking around laughing worked out well too. So yay for best friends. ps. remember how you commented that most of my best friends are boys, well yah, I just prefer opening up to boys maybe.

The night turned into a cocktail party which was surprisingly lovely. I was plenty nervous for it. And then all was well. We were dressed so pretty and that is great. Mostly I loved the drinks. Let me remind you it was all alcohol-free. But Shirley temples are my favourite! I wish I could drink them daily. When I grow up I will have a large supply of orange juice, grenadine and gingerale to allow for this. But heres how it all went. We had plenty of juices etc for drinks and we had cookies and snacks and friends. I spent most of the night catching up with Jenni and Jake, they are both just beautiful people. Likely 2 of my favourite people to talk with as you can talk about anything with them, plus they are funny. Loved it.

Then today. So freaking epic. It started out with me making waffles. Why yes Sophie, I am a waffle snob, I will only at waffles from scratch. And I love them. So waffles and bacon and juice was basically the best way to start the day. I wish more days started that way actually. Then we decided to join some people from church for Broom ball. Unfortunately none of us really knew what it was, but Paige, Lauren, Soph and I went. I wish I could explain this better, but heres how it was. We got on the ice and got in random teams and had NO idea what to do. Yet it was perfect. Apparently since I am Canadian there were some who thought I had like a knack or secret skills for it but no. I just was not afraid of sliding into people, I mean I have hips for hip checking. So I left there with a majorly bruised and swollen knee, So worth it. Soph has a nice bruise or two also haha. Karma joined us in our broom ball adventures as one boy was way intense and everytime he tried to take me out he ended up on his face. I loved it. haha. So we love broom ball. It was social, and a workout, and hilarious. Plus I felt like I belonged there, it was never awkward or like I didnt know what to do. Ergo, broom ball is going to become a staple, or at least something I try and frequent.

Then the two boys I know best from church came over, its not even like I know them well at all, but we still had plenty of juices so drinks it was. I made granola bars as we talked. yay. And can I just note, the two Nicks are great. I love conversing with them. Yes they both are very physically attractive but they are easy to talk to. So it was chill. We just sat on the kitchen floor and drank our mixed juices and had a pleasant time, plus I mean it was sunny so we had the front door opening so the sunlight was just pouring in. Incredible.

To make life even better Soph and I went to the canyon to board. Something about longboarding down the canyon is surreal. First off it is gorgeous. It is just so pretty there. And everyone is friendly. You just hop on your board and its refreshing and relaxing. I think board sports were made for me. Snowboarding and Longboarding just bring me so much peace and joy.

The epicness ended with stopping by Big Papas place for dinner at 10. She is a doll. I love that she used to sing to me " i like it when you call me big papa" last year, Lauren is great. I missed her and didnt realize how much I missed her til we were over there.

So heres the thing, Thursday was awful. I missed you. I hated that we broke up. Friday I came to terms with it all and was like you know what I want to be happy. And I am happy. I chose to take a path with a perspective that involved loving myself and doing the things that brought me joy and it changed everything.

Sometimes I feel awkward and out of place like how I think the Gallimimus must have felt sometimes. You know, just gawky and not sure of your place. And then I remember parts of who I am. Spending a day talking to one of my best friends while Snowboarding was epic. I hope I dont want to forget that day soon. Putting on a pretty dress and just talking is nice. Waffles and trying a new sport and letting myself feel fearless and get banged up a ton, and just riding the canyon, well they all just make me feel alive.

I love the epic nature of my life. I really do. So here is to finding myself again amidst losing something special. Gallimimus; you and I both have things to be proud of, you were the fastest dinosaur, and well me, I dont know what do pull out but I am pretty sure I am diverse and lately I have noticed how obscure my likes are, but it all makes me unique. And I love who I am. And I am pretty sure that matters a lot more than most things.




No comments:

Post a Comment