01 August 2010

Perhaps emotions were never meant to be a secret.

I used to resent emotion. I hated that vulnerable feeling. I was actually rather skilled at hiding my emotions. Things were brushed off or ignored instead of dealt with.

I am glad I grew up.

Today I sat and cried with someone I barely knew. And it was amazing. I forgot how crying can clear things up. Although I am still surprised at the amount of tears I found. They lasted for hours. I was so sad and didnt realize it. I think I have been sad for awhile. I guess thats grieving. I am not particularity a fan of grieving actually. Its not really my style. But today I decided not to be sad alone. I sat with a friend while ants attacked me. And then I called my beautiful mother. And partook in the glory of scrubs.

Yes. I am glad I grew up and learned that sharing emotion only makes the healing process so much easier and more bearable. Thank you for noticing when I needed a friend. Even if it made you miss some of church.




ps. Someone shared their secret back with me today. And perhaps to them its not even a secret, maybe its more of a story. Regardless, I think our friendship is growing in an extraordinary way. It makes me smile. I think the best part is that its real.

No comments:

Post a Comment